Oct 10, 2013

Review: Sigma Creme de Couture Palette! (Swatch included)

I recieved the Creme de Couture palette from Sigma Beauty a couple of weeks ago, and have been trying it out a lot, so I thought it was time for a review! I absolutely looooove this palette! The colours are all so vibrant and completely unlike any I have ever seen before.

The colours in this palette are all inspired by french macarons desserts. Now I feel like I need to take a minute here to clarify. There is a difference between macarons and macaroons! I know I might sound a bit annoying pointing this out, but it has been bugging me for weeks now! A Macaron is a delicious meringue base sandwich cookie and a Macaroon is an equally delicious coconut based confection. As someone whose other passion is food and baking, I couldn't keep ignoring this!

There are 16 colours in this palette and they are all matte. The palette sells for $32 American, so slightly more here in Canada. There are also 3 blushes in the collection, but none of them really called to me, so I left them. The blushes are $12 each or you can purchase the entire collection for $55, which is a savings of $13. Here is a photo of the palette:
Just look at all those colours!!! The eyeshadows in this palette are very soft and blendable, but they can end up looking a bit chalky if you pack on too much colour. They also need a good base to really show up well. Here is my swatch of the colours. On the left side they are over a NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in milk and on the right they are swatched dry.
From top to bottom the colours are Redberry Rose, Apricot Flower, Passion Fruit, Cherry Blossom, Meyer Lemon, Ginger Pumpkin, Cafe au Lait, Blueberry Cream, Violet Whip, Lavender Honey, Cassis, Elderberry, Blue Chocolate, Almond Pear, Creme de Menthe and Citron Pistachio.

I think my favourite colours would have to be Lavender Honey, Cassis, Almond Pear and Cafe au Lait. Cafe au Lait was very surprising to me. I don't normally get excited over neutral colours, but this is such a perfectly smooth chocolate brown I love it! Almond Pear is also amazing. I have never seen such a perfect mint colour before.

So just to re-cap, these shadows are extremely pigmented, soft and blendable. The only cons are that some of the colours, especially the paler ones, can be a bit chalky and you do really need to use a white base to make them stand out. I would definitely recommend that you get this palette if you love either matte or bright eyeshadows. In my opinion this was an extremely good product with very few faults, so it is definitely worth your money if you have been eyeing it!

I hope my first review was helpful to you. If there is anything I can improve upon, or if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment