Oct 27, 2013

DIY Beauty: Why You Need Witch Hazel!

This episode of DIY Beauty isn't exactly a recipe for anything, but I would like to bring to your attention an amazing product that I will be using in a lot of future recipes. Witch hazel is a product I use every single day. To me, this is a miracle product. It helps to clear acne, soothe irritated skin, reduce puffiness under the eyes and so much more!

This is the witch hazel I normally use:



This is Thayer's Original Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera. I buy this at Rainbow Foods, the nearest health food store. It costs between $15-$20, but I don't remember the exact price. You get a ton of product for the price. The bottle has 12 fluid ounces in it! This particular witch hazel is a toner, so it is mixed with a few other ingredients, but you can get pure witch hazel astringent as well. I just don't have any of that on hand right now.

I use witch hazel every day after I clean my face or have a shower, before I put on my moisturizer. It is amazing at helping to fight acne, and my favourite part is that it helps reduce under eye puffiness. I also use this sometimes if I have razor burn on my legs. I also add witch hazel into a lot of homemade beauty product recipes, like a homemade toner that I will be showing you soon!

While doing a bit of research for this post, I came across this article that lists several great uses for witch hazel beyond what I have mentioned. It also goes a bit more into detail about why witch hazel works so well. I definitely suggest you check that out if you are interested in getting any witch hazel.

I hope you like this post and that you seriously consider picking yourself up some witch hazel. This product is so great for so many things!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! I'm currently exploring new skin care products, and this seems like a great natural product I'll try out :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete