Oct 20, 2013

DIY Beauty: Lip Scrub

Welcome to my new series: DIY Beauty. I love making homemade skincare products! There are so many things you can do with basic kitchen ingredients and a few other things.

The first DIY Beauty recipe will be for a very easy lip scrub that uses 2 very common kitchen ingredient. All you need is some granulated sugar and olive oil. This lips scrub is great for removing dead skin if your lips have been flaking or peeling!

All you have to do is put about a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of oil in a bowl like this:

4

Next mix them together. you want a very pasty consistency. If it is too runny add more sugar. If it is too dry add more oil. It should look like this:



You just take this mixture and put it on your lips and lightly rub it around for about 20 seconds. If it starts to hurt stop. You don't want to take off too much skin! After that just rinse it all off and apply a bit of chapstick or something to keep your baby smooth lips moisturized!

I only use this scrub when my lips are feeling extra dry and flaky, but you could use this as often as once a week. I wouldn't suggest using this more than that because it is taking off a layer of skin. I have tried this lip scrub with brown sugar, and also with a bit of honey mixed in with the oil. There are many variations you could try, so have fun and use what you like!

I hope you like this idea and maybe even try it out. If you do, let me know how it worked for you in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have been looking for a natural way to scrub my lips! Thanks for posting this, it really helped!

    http://uniquelydifferent1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, I am now following back from my Bright Side Beauty Blog Hop, thanks for joining in! I have done this lip scrub before and it really works to smooth lips, especially in the winter. Good post! I like the DIY beauty series idea, too! I look forward to reading more!

    -Kristin
    meetmeonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete