Oct 20, 2013

My Favourite Lip Products: Reds

I have decided to do a small series of all of my favourite lip products! Each post will be about one colour group. Of course we will kick it off with red! Everyone needs a good classic red shade. Unfortunately my list of favourite reds does not include any blue toned red lipsticks because I don't think they look as good on me as ones with an orange undertone. I did throw a lovely red gloss with a blue undertone into the mix though.

Here are the products I will be talking about:



From left to right the products are L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in #350 British Red, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #180 Jet Set Red, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mocha Rose and Lancome Juicy Tunes Smoothie in Cherry Burst. I will talk about the lipsticks first and then the lipgloss.

H Here is a swatch of the 3 lipsticks:



From top to bottom the colours are British Red, Jet Set Red and Mocha Rose. British Red and Jet Set Red are almost the same colour, but the formulations are very different.

L'Oreal's Colour Riche lipstick in British Red was one of the first red lipsticks I ever purchased and has been one of my favourites ever since. It is a true bright red with an almost glossy finish to it. The formula is very creamy and fairly opaque, but I find I need two coats to make it completely opaque. This is what it looks like on my lips:

I couldn't help but wear my adorable lipstick print dress for this!

Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipstick in Jet Set Red is another bright true red, very similar in colour to British Red, but it is a bit darker. This is an extremely creamy lipstick and it is also very opaque. One swipe is definitely all you need. This lipstick is a little bit less shiny than the British Red. I love the colour on this, but the staying power of it isn't great. This colour will definitely find its way on to your chin if you decide to have a sandwich! This is what Jet Set Red looks like on my lips:



Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Mocha Rose is a darker red that still manages to be bright and dramatic. It has a slight brown undertone as opposed to orange, so it is definitely in the same colour family but deeper and richer. This has a creamy concistency but is a bit thick, which I like. The finish on this is almost matte, which I absolutely love. The staying power on this lipstick is also phenomenal. This is probably my favourite of the bunch. Here is what it looks like on my lips:



Next we have the lipgloss. I really love Lancome Juicy Tubes. I have tried a few other colours and I like their extreme glossiness and relatively good opacity. They of course aren't completely opaque, but they give your lips a really nice wash of colour without being too intense. My only complaint about these glosses is that they are quite sticky. I won't wear this on a day I plan to leave my hair down!

This Lancome Juicy Tube is in Cherry Burst. It is a very bright pink/red with a slight bluish undertone. I absolutely could not make my camera take a good picture of the swatch on my hand for this one. No matter what I did the shine ruined it or it turned out fuzzy!!! I am not a photographer, that's for sure. Anyways, this is what it looks like on my lips at least:



So those are all of my favourite red lip colours! I hope you enjoyed reading this! I have at least 2 more posts like this one coming, an orange lip colour post and a pink one. I might even do a purple post or a nude post, but I don't own or wear many of those. I might squish the purple and pink in to one. Let me know what you think, or what colour you would really like to see next!

Thanks for having a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment