Oct 6, 2013

Butterfly-esque Look

This is a look I did a little while ago. I just started playing with colours and this is what came of it. I think it looks a lot like a set of butterfly's wings. Hope you enjoy it!
I'm making a weird face in this last pic :P I used BH Cosmetics 88 matte palette to create this look. I use the BH cosmetics eye and lip pimer to prime my eyes before any look and this time I also used my NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in milk. On my lips I have a NYX soft matte lip cream in the colour Addis Ababa.

I would also like to take a moment in this post to introduce you to my horrifying under eye bags. They follow me wherever I go, refusing to hide behind makeup or shame! I kid, sort of, but if you notice how very tired I look in these pictures it is not for a lack of concealer or brightener. I have extremely dark circles which I manage to cover relatively well, but I also have a very puffy eye area, especially underneath. This is not because I don't get enough sleep (although sometimes I don't...) it is actually related to the fact that I am allergic to almost everything. Really, I should live in a bubble.... Covering the colour alone is fairly easy, but dealing with the puffiness is almost impossible. The skin under my eyes is also very thin, loose and wrinkly, so putting too many products under there tends to look cakey fast. So get used to these guys, until I find some magical cream that actually works, you'll be seeing a lot more of them! Any suggestions on how to deal with them would be, of course, welcomed. :)

Also please excuse my terrible camera, my boyfriend has a much better one I can use now and I am trying to learn about all the settings on it before I use it, because I'm not a great photographer. That's all for now! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

No comments:

Post a Comment