Mar 27, 2014

Another Impulse Cosmetics Review

I did it again, broke the spending ban. Impulse Cosmetics was having a sale and all of their glitters were half off. I had been eyeing a few of their glitters for a while so I just couldn't help myself! They are normally $4 but they were only $2 so I don't feel that bad. I picked out 2 that I have wanted for a while and I just couldn't help but throwing another lipstick into my order too.

The Glitters I picked were Half-Baked, a bronzey orange holographic glitter and Raven, a black and gold glitter mix. The lipstick I got is Pandora, a dark purple. Here are a couple shots of the glitters in different lighting:


I would have done proper swatches, but I can't find my dang glitter adhesive right now! Oh well...

Half Baked is such an amazing shade. This is definitely my favourite of the two. The holographic effect is much more pronounced in person. Orange is also one of my favourite colours, so it is great. Raven is a nice dark gold with some black glitter mixed in. It is clear to me that they put a lot of effort into making some really unique glitter mixes. If you check out their Etsy store you can see that they have a lot of really interesting glitters, not just these two. I already have my eye on a few more including one called Screamsicle.

As for the lipstick, here is a swatch:

Impulse Cosmetics calls Pandora as a black cherry colour and I think that is the perfect descriptor. I love this shade soooo much! It isn't really a spring colour, but who cares? This has the same creamy matte formula as their other lipsticks and seems to last a long time before needing touch-ups. I'll have a look using this soon.

Anyways, that's it for the review and little spending ban update. What is your favourite glitter?

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh Glitter!! I don't blame you I would have probably ended up with more those look pretty!

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, especially the holographic one!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness every product looks stunning!!! I'm excited to see what looks you come up with :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I find my stupid glitter adhesive I'll do one. I have no clue where it went though and I have a couch with a habit of eating things.... I have a look with the lipstick planned for when I go out tomorrow though!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this lipstick shade looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has quickly become one of my favourites!

      Delete