Rebecca at MoreRebe to receive the Liebster award! Then the next day I was nominated again by Karen from Unpack The Box! For those of you who don't know, the Liebster award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 (or 2000 I have read both so I'm not sure) followers, by other bloggers. It is sort of like a tag. You answer the 10 questions given to you by whoever nominated you, then make 10 of your own questions. After that you nominate more blogs and they have to answer your questions. I have decided to mix both into one post, so I will be answering 20 questions today instead of 10! Get ready for a long post.
I just want to kick this off by saying I am really honoured to be nominated for this by not one, but two amazing bloggers. I suggest you check out both of their blogs! I will start out with Rebecca's questions.
1. Why did you begin your blog? And how has your experience been so far?
I honestly just started my blog because I wanted to show off my makeup looks. Think of it like a little kid waving their finger painting in the air screaming "Look what I did!!!", but as I started blogging I sort of stumbled into an community of really awesome bloggers and makeup enthusiasts. Now I really enjoy writing up posts and swatching things. I have also been learning a bit (not much) about photography for my blog, which is interesting.
2. What kind of content do you most enjoy on other blogs?
I mostly read beauty and fashion related blogs. I have really been enjoying outfits of the day lately.
3. How would you describe your personal style?
A bit messy? Grunge hippy from the 90's who sometimes wears 50s attire.
4. What is your holy grail beauty product (haircare, bodycare, skincare OR makeup)?
This is a tough one.... I think my only reay holy grail product is the Annabelle Skin True foundation. This is the best foundation I have ever used and I keep going back to it. I am hoping to get a review of it up soon.
5. What are some of your favourite songs of the moment?
Coffins by Pegboard Nerds, Solace One by Foreign Beggars ft. Black Sun Empire, this awesome remix of Royals by Lorde that my boyfriend made! He goes by DJ Nick Tesla on soundcloud.
6. What is one New Years Resolution you haven't broken?
Well, my spending ban hasn't been broken yet!
7. What is your favourite book?
This is another really tough one! J Pod by Douglas Coupland was really good. I read a ton of Tamora Pierce when I was a kid and even though I outgrew those they still remain some of my favourites. If any of you have any younger sisters out there into fantasy, I would get her a Tamora Pierce book!
8. What is one thing that you are looking forward to in 2014?
Hopefully I will be visiting my friend who just moved to the UK some time this year!!!
9. What are 3 things that you always carry in your makeup bag?
Lip balm, mascara and lipstick. The easiest blam face in the world!
10. What is the best concert you have ever been to, and what made it stand out for you?
Bad Religion when I was 16. The Dropkick Murphys opened for them a long with Comeback Kid and it was just amazing!!! I will never forget that night. I love Bad Religion!
Now, for Karen's questions!
1. Why did you start blogging?
Like I said in the first set of questions, I'm an immature attention seeker. :P No I do really love makeup and want to share that with people, but I also enjoy the showing off.
2. What's the most awesome thing you've ever received in the mail?
Either the AlieNEON supercharged stacker from Lunatick Cosmetics Labs, or a dress I got off of Modcloth a few years ago that is covered in cupcakes. Weirdly enough, last year at Ikea I found tea towels with the exact same cupcake pattern on them, but on a different kind of fabric. I now have tea towels and a matching dress!
3. You have to move to a country where you don't speak the native language. Where do you go and why?
I would go to Thailand or Spain probably. It's really all about the food for me regardless of what language they speak. I want to try traditional Spanish street foods really badly and Thai food is my favourite food.
4. What was the last book you fell in love with?
Medalon by Jennifer Fallon
5. What is your favorite quote?
"Life is Change. Have some fun." It's from a book I read a really long time ago called Sweetblood by Pete Hautman. That line always stuck with me and I think they are words to live by.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
7. If you could be any Bond Girl, which one would you play?
I honestly don't really know any bond girls. I have seen all the Bond films a few times, but I hardly even notice the girls, they are basically props in those movies. I'm not a huge fan of damsels in distress.
8. What is one thing you carry with you and can't live without?
My phone. Which actually doesn't even go on the internet or anything it really is just a phone, but not being able to text people would kill me. I actually cracked the screen today and am freaking out a bit.
9. If you could choose to live in any fictional setting, television show or movie - which one would you choose and why?
Ummmmm, Willy Wonka's candy factory! Duh! Do I even need to explain my reasons?
10. What are three random facts about yourself?
Alright, well, I'm left handed, I have an unhealthy affinity for cheese and my favourite colours are green and orange.
Alright, I'm done all the questions! Some of those were actually really tough to answer. Now I get to make my own!
1. What is the most rewarding thing you have gotten from blogging so far?
2. What book(s) are you currently reading?
3. If you could change your eye colour, what would you change it to, and why?
4. What is your favourite kind of food?
5. If you had to pick just 3 makeup products to live with for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
6. What was the last movie you saw and who were you with?
7. If you could move anywhere, where would it be and why?
8. What is your current beauty obsession?
9. What is the best costume you have ever put together? (I do mean for Halloween or a costume party or such, not just an outfit.)
10. Who is your favourite artist (any kind)?
And the people I am nominating are:
Emma from Canvas of A Face
Jolie from Etherealize Me
Giedre from Giedre Grey
Aaliyah from Shadow Liner Girl
Sonya from Fashion Fragile
Well that's it for the post. Once again thank you to the lovely ladies who nominated me! I also encourage everyone reading this to check out every single blog I mentioned in this post! :)