Apr 8, 2014

Quick Look: Arrrrr Matey!

I posted the pirate makeup I did on my boyfriend for a party last week already and I am finally getting around to posting my own makeup from that night!

I didn't get many good pictures of this look since I was in a hurry, which is a shame because this is one of my favourite looks that I have done lately.

To do my eyes I used Star Crushed Minerals' Wine eyeshadow on my inner and outer corner, leaving the centre empty. I then took Hearts of Black Lace by Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics and used that in my crease and the outer half of my bottom lashline. I then used the shade Tempest from the same company on the centre of my lid for and extra shimmery pop of dimension. I also used that on the inner half of my bottom lashline and right near my tear duct. I lined my waterline with a white pencil and set it with Cloud Coverage by Glamour Doll Eyes. I used that on my brow bone as well. I finished it off with some winged liquid liner and mascara.

I did a pretty heavy contour on my face with the ELF Blush & Bronzer Cream in St. Lucia and set it with the powder version. On my lips is Pandora by Impulse Cosmetics.

I did actually wear a full costume, but forgot to take outfit photos, as usual. Here are a couple of camera phone snaps that show most of my costume though!

I wore my awesome pirate hat that I bought on Etsy a few years ago. It has many ribbons and feathers and adornments! Nick and I took turns wearing it all night because it gets hot when you are dancing. I wore a pirate shirt that is also from Etsy with a black, studded, high-waist belt. I wore a stripey miniskirt, fishnet tights and black boots, all of which you cannot see. Perhaps I will redo this with a full outfit for Halloween this year!

That's it for this look, I hope you liked it!

7 comments:

  1. Cute! you are one pretty pirate, love that lipstick.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The lipstick is my new favourite I think, but it's a bit out of season...

      Delete
  2. I looove these colors! And your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally cute! The makeup, the costume, everything. So fetching!

    ReplyDelete