Apr 10, 2014

Music I'm Listening To

I have never done a post like this, but I thought I would share with you some of my favourite songs at the moment! You guys all know my makeup tastes, so I though you should get to know some of the other things I am interested in. I might also have a slight alterior motive for this post that I will mention at the end.

Music is really important to me. I don't play music myself really (that's my DJ/Musician boyfriend's job) but I spend most of my day listening to some music or other. These are just a few of the songs I have played recently. Not all of them are new songs, but in my opinion they are all great. I may nerd out a bit while describing them though, so you can just skip to the videos if you want.

Ode To The Bouncer by Studio Killers
I love Studio Killers and this song has been stuck in my head a lot lately. It's just a really fun song that makes me want to dance. This is a band made up of fictional cartoon characters, much like Prozzak or The Gorillaz. I am also completely in love with the character who is singing, Chubby Cherry. She is so fabulous! Word is that she is voiced by a man, which I think is awesome. I will definitely have to try and recreate some of her makeup looks soon.



Cookie Thumper by Die Antwoord
Die Antwoord is a South African rap group that I am a huuuuge fan of. I have been listening to their music for years and I think they have finally hit their stride. Their newer stuff is definitely getting a lot better. I will warn you now though, they are not for the faint of heart. This song is much tamer than a lot of their other stuff. If you decide to listen to any more of their music, just be warned that at some point they will say something offensive about almost every group of people you could think of. They aren't actually discriminating people, often it is done to make a point, but many people still end up offended. They also have ridiculous, long intros in most of their videos.



Choosing For You by I Am Legion
A little while ago one of my favourite DJ groups, Noisia, decided to team up with my all time favourite rap group, Foreign Beggars, to create the super group I Am Legion. When I first heard that they were planning this I literally started running around my apartment dancing/freaking out in excitement and they definitely have not disappointed! Here is one of the first songs they released off the new album:



Like The Angel by Rise Against
I am not ashamed to say that Rise Against has been one of my all time favourite bands for many many many years. As far as good (but kinda mainstream) punk goes they are right up there with Bad Religion for me. I think I know every single one of their songs by heart. This is a song of the album Revolutions Per Minute, one of their best albums in my opinion.



And finally I am going to shamelessly plug my boyfriend, DJ Nick Tesla's newest remix of Hero by Pegboard Nerds. He has actually entered a contest with this one, so I am leaving the link to where you can listen to it and vote for him HERE. It would mean a lot to both of us if you took a second and voted!

What did you think of this post? Would you like to see more things like this in the future? Also, let me know what your favourite song of the moment is in the comments below!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well I haven't heard of many of these people lol. I tried to vote for your bf, I clicked the heart, I don't have Facebook so I hope it went through! Good luck to him :)

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have solid taste, and your bf's mix is good! I'm listening currently & will vote momentarily :)

    ReplyDelete